She Shed to Hide Away!
4 Gifts she will cherish on Valentine’s day (or any other day of the year)!
Author: Andrea Horst
It has been roughly 46 weeks since this global pandemic has shut our schools and work down. Everyone is restless. Especially the superheroes disguised as mothers! Some of them are working from home in addition to being a housekeeper, cook, chauffeur, wife, teacher, janitor, personal shopper, nurse, hairstylist, storyteller, and mediator. Valentine's Day is coming fast! Here are some things you can do for the beautiful, strong, exhausted woman in your life!
- Create a quiet-space! - Introvert or extrovert, everyone needs time to sit and reflect. There are a few ways you can make a quiet-space for her to just chill and be.
- Clean out a closet.- Many of us have that one junk closet that could fit a few pillows on the ground, enough to sit and hide. You could take some soft lights and hang them above, creating a beautiful starry sky. If you have an outlet, consider putting in a wall scent or a mini coffee pot.
- Get a small shed. - Some 6x8 storage sheds start at only $1685+tax (or as low as $65/month). This is a fantastic investment for your woman! It is the perfect size for a chair and end table, maybe even a few books and her favorite stash of snacks!
- Get a large shed. - I am sure your woman has mentioned her dreams of starting a small business or maybe picking up a hobby that she has always loved. Her house is too full, and bringing all those supplies inside would only add to her stress. Why not take this stress off of her by giving her a hobby barn? She could run away to it or get away from it depending on how she is feeling! A 10x12 shed is a perfect size to store her hobby supplies that you plan on buying for Mother's Day or her birthday!
- Clean her house! - Not many people seize this opportunity to significantly improve the lives of their women. This simple gesture could change her entire world and free her up to just live and love! If you have no clue where to begin, see a quick checklist below. (Now keep in mind, if she insists on doing all the work, she is probably very particular, and that is ok! Just skip this option.)
- First, the laundry! Gather up all the dirty laundry (including bed sheets and towels) and send it through your trusty washing machines. While you are waiting on the cycles to finish, go ahead and complete the next task on your list.
- Next to the kitchen! Wash the dishes, wipe down the countertops and tables, and the chairs. After all the flat surfaces are cleared and cleaned, sweep the floor and mop it. Be sure to wring out your mop so that you do not leave a bigger mess for her to clean up! Once the kitchen is clean, you can switch out the laundry.
- Now it is time to clean the bathroom! Start from the top and work your way down. The highest object is the mirror, then the sink, then the shower, and finish with the toilet. Clear and sanitize everything! Finish by sweeping and mopping. Depending on how much laundry you have, you can switch it out again.
- Next, fold the laundry! By now, the laundry should be cleaned and dried. Hang up all the nice shirts and dresses as soon as they are out of the drier to prevent wrinkles. If you do not know how she folds laundry, look in the drawers and cabinets and examine the previously folded contents. Try your best to replicate!
- Lastly, the rest of the house! Start by dusting all the objects from the highest to the lowest. Then wipe down all flat surfaces and remove any gunk caused by young children or accidental spills. Finish by vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping!
- Spa day! Now, remember, all women are different. If she dislikes being touched or sitting still for long periods, ignore this line. If she has expressed interest in a massage or a self-care day, this is a perfect gift for her! This could be anything from an hour-long massage to a weekend spa getaway with her best friend. You could even ask her what she would prefer!
- A long warm hug! Sometimes we all just need a hug! A great way to show your appreciation is to give her a long hug and tell her how much she means to you. This simple gesture could turn any dreary day into sunny and 75!
Now that you have heard four different ways to treat the woman in your life on Valentine’s Day, do not let it stop! These small or big gestures are perfect for random surprises when work gets stressful or when you want to celebrate something. One last tip is to look at her Pinterest board and find out what she has been dreaming of!
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to man. -Colossians 3:23
Hey there! Thank you for checking out my blog! I hope you find what you're looking for. If you don't, let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Also, would you mind taking a second to subscribe to our mailing list? By subscribing, you will get VIP access to new products, sales, and early access to all our blogs!Subscribe