Spring Cleaning Tips!
5 Steps to Organize Your Shed for More Productivity!
Author: Andrea Horst
Throughout the seasons, we are constantly moving our belongings in and out of storage. Sometimes, we misplace items and slowly become disorganized. Springtime is the perfect time to get on top of the clutter and organize everything. Whether you want to take a whole day or several evenings, we have laid out 5 basic steps to efficiently clean out and organize your shed!
- Categorize! - To start the organizational process, we need to group like items. If you have mostly clothes, you could start grouping by season or sizes. For miscellaneous items, you could start by grouping the items together by use. For example gardening tools, pet supplies, and hobbies.
- Clear Out! - Once all your items have been assigned to a group, you can sort and discard any unused items. Start two piles, one for trash and the other to sell. Go through each category, keeping the categories separate in your "to sell” pile. This will help when you go to sell them whether online or at a yard sale.
- Clean Up! - Now that you have sorted through everything, taken out the trash, and put your "To sell” pile in an accessible area, you can clean! Whether you want to do a deep spring clean or just a maintenance dusting, after moving everything around you will want a clean space to store everything.
- Classify! - To keep everything organized, try making labels for each section. You can either invest in a label printer or just get blank stickers and make your own labels. Place labels on shelves or walls where the label can be easily seen. After you have labeled all the sections, neatly put everything away in its classified space.
- Continue! - After your initial project is over, it is easy to let your storage space become disorganized as you collect, move, and use your stuff. Though it may be difficult at first, it is a great practice to make a habit of keeping everything put away in its classified space.
You can use the 5 C’s for any cleaning project, including your kitchen, bedrooms, home offices, and more! Organizing your space will greatly improve your productivity throughout the day and even improve your mood. Good luck cleaning
and God bless you!
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to man. -Colossians 3:23
Hey there! Thank you for checking out my blog! I hope you find what you're looking for. If you don't, let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Also, would you mind taking a second to subscribe to our mailing list? By subscribing, you will get VIP access to new products, sales, and early access to all our blogs!Subscribe